17 Apr 2015 Hannah Kirby Advances to Top 10 on NBC’s The Voice
Texas A&M University-Commerce student Hannah Kirby secured her spot in the Top 10 on NBC’s The Voice on April 14.
On Monday, Hannah worked to advance in the competition with her performance of Stevie Nicks’ “Edge of Seventeen”. After the first night of performances, viewers could vote to save their favorite artists. Saved artists would move forward into the Top 10, and the bottom three artists would battle it out with one last performance to try and win the Instant Save.
After her team’s rendition of “In the Midnight Hour” by Wilson Pickett on Tuesday, the voting results were revealed, and Hannah had been saved by America. She missed the bottom three this week, but as she moves forward, the competition will only increase in intensity.
“I’m just so honored and thrilled that my university has shown me so much support,” said Hannah. “It means so much to have all of the Texas A&M University-Commerce Lions backing me in this competition.”
In the coming week, Hannah and the rest of the Top 10 artists will perform their solos on Monday, April 20. Fans can vote for Hannah once host Carson Daly says that voting is open. The results will be revealed on Tuesday, and the bottom three artists will again face off to see who will move forward. After those performances, viewers can vote to instantly save their favorite artist.
A&M-Commerce will be hosting watch parties for The Voice on April 20 and 21. On Monday, the party will be held in the Traditions room of the Rayburn Student Center at 7 p.m. Tuesday’s parties will be held in the Residential Living and Learning Common Areas at 7 p.m. Voting stations will be available to vote for Hannah, and refreshments will be provided on Tuesday.
For Monday, most of the voting methods are not valid until Carson says that voting is open. Fans can vote to save Hannah with five different methods:
- Online at http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/vote; You can vote up to ten (10) times per artist per email address during each voting period. This voting method is not valid until Carson says the voting period is open.
- The Voice Official App available on the App Store, Google Play or Windows Phone Store; You can vote up to ten (10) times per artist per email address. Early voting is allowed with this method.
- Purchase her Eligible Songs on iTunes; Only one (1) download per eligible song will be counted as a vote. If any of her Eligible Songs are in the iTunes “Top 200 Singles Chart” at the close of the voting period, then she will receive an “iTunes Bonus,” which multiplies her iTunes votes for that song by ten (10). This voting method is not valid until Carson says the voting period is open.
- Call the toll-free number that corresponds to Hannah; You can vote up to ten (10) times per artist per phone number during each voting period. This voting method is not valid until Carson says the voting period is open.
- Sprint users can text Hannah’s contestant number to 8642; If you are not a Sprint user, your text vote will not be counted as valid. Sprint users can vote up to ten (10) times per artist per phone number during each voting period. This voting method is not valid until Carson says the voting period is open.
On Tuesday, viewers can use the Instant Save to save their favorite artist. After the bottom three performances, fans will have just five minutes to tweet hashtag VoiceSave(and the first name of the artist you’d like to save). For example, #VoiceSaveHannah, one word, no spaces. Retweeting other Twitter users tweets with their #VoiceSaveHannah hashtag also counts.
Help us show Hannah that her Lion family, A&M System and home state of Texas are behind her!